Jay LaCroix of Learn Linux TV is proud to announce his brand-new book:
Mastering Ubuntu Server Fourth Edition
Ubuntu Server is taking the server world by storm - and with good reason! The server-focused spin of Ubuntu is a stable, flexible, and powerful enterprise-class distribution of Linux with a focus on running servers both small and large. You can use it to host a website, run a publicly available app, set up a virtualization stack, run containers, and much more!
Mastering Ubuntu Server is a book that will teach you everything you need to know in order to manage real Ubuntu-based servers in actual production deployments. This book will take you from initial installation to deploying production-ready solutions to empower your small office network, or even a full data center. You will learn your way around the distribution itself, as well as essential commands, tools and utilities, productivity boosters, and you'll also learn real strategies you can use to troubleshoot any anomalies you may encounter.
You'll see examples of running an Ubuntu Server in the cloud, be walked through set up popular applications (such as Nextcloud), host your own websites, and deploy network resources such as DHCP, DNS, and others. You’ll further see how to containerize applications via LXD to maximize efficiency and learn how to build Kubernetes clusters. This new fourth edition updates the popular book to cover Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, which takes advantage of the latest in Linux-based technologies.
By the end of this Ubuntu book, you will gain all the knowledge you'll need in order to work on real-life Ubuntu Server deployments and become an expert Ubuntu Server administrator that is well-versed in its featureset.
What you will learn:
What will you learn along the way? Here are just some of the highlights:
- Install Ubuntu Server on physical servers and on the Raspberry Pi
- Deploy Ubuntu Server in the cloud and host websites on your own server
- Deploy your applications to their own containers and scale your infrastructure
- Set up popular applications such as Nextcloud
- Automate deployments and configuration with Ansible to save time
- Containerize applications via LXD to maximize efficiency
- Discover best practices and troubleshooting techniques
Who This Book is For
This book is for System Administrators, Site Reliability Engineers, DevOps professionals, enthusiasts, as well as for individuals looking to make a career change and learn the skills they'll need to work with Ubuntu servers. Prior knowledge of Ubuntu is not required but a basic understanding of basic computing concepts is assumed. Some IT administration, Linux, and shell scripting experience is preferred, although the first several chapters will bring newcomers up to speed as well.
Table of Contents
The many topics covered within the fourth edition of Mastering Ubuntu Server includes:
- Deploying Ubuntu Server
- Managing Users and Permissions
- Managing Software Packages
- Navigating and Essential Commands
- Managing Files and Directories
- Boosting your Command-line Efficiency
- Controlling and Managing Processes
- Monitoring System Resources
- Managing Storage Volumes
- Connecting to Networks
- Setting Up Network Services
- Sharing and Transferring Files
- Setting up a Database Server
- Serving Web Content
- Automating Server Configuration with Ansible
- Running Containers
- Container Orchestration
- Deploying Ubuntu in the Cloud
- Automating Cloud Deployments with Terraform
- Securing your Server
- Troubleshooting Ubuntu Servers
- Preventing Disasters